Meet Sadie L. Harper

I’ve lived in Raleigh for over 24 years, long enough to consider myself a native (though I’ll still say
I grew up outside Chicago and am a die-hard Bears fan). My experience runs the gamut – from the
legal field to interior design to content writing, from marketing/market research and branding to
business development. My undergrad degree is in Psychology and Criminal Justice from
Meredith College, followed by nearly five years as a paralegal/legal research assistant. I then spent
time raising young children and renovating my 1970s fixer-upper house from top to bottom –
which led to opening my own interior design firm, so I could still be available for my children while
working. I’m an independent and creative free spirit; I’ve been called a “world changer” due to my
affinity for transforming the world around me. I love helping others transform their worlds as well.


While expecting my third child, I took a break again to focus on kids and pursue a Master of Science
in Merchandising and Business Development from Kansas State (no, I didn’t commute from Raleigh).
A self-proclaimed and unabashed over-achiever, I’m full-time single mom to three children while
also pursuing my personal dreams and career passions. My expertise as an independent business
owner/entrepreneur for most of the past twelve years gives me in depth understanding of the
professional world on multiple levels. I’ve built my business around working with other independent
business professionals to help them refine their message, clarify their direction, and then confidently
pursue their visions.

One of my childhood dreams was to be a writer, and I’m thrilled I’ve now had several of my personal
essays published. I even won first prize in Carolina Woman Magazine’s writing contest in 2016 with
a poem, though I will be the first to say I do not consider myself a poet! A story-teller, I love to find
the right voice, the right narrative, and the right words to bring them all to life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to be an entrepreneur: 3 benchmarks

The 30-second Commercial--As Easy As It Sounds?